Missions mode is a single-player mode for Lawl with Garterbelt Race which the player must complete some tasks and earn a ranking similarly to that in Story Mode mode. It involves 15 levels, each containing eight "missions" and a random boss battle. Almost always the ranks depend on how much time is left or taken. There are varying mission types:
- Checkpoint - driving in between giant half wheels in the ground. Very often the player has to pass these gates in numerical order. Most of it are in Start to Finish Race Track
- Collecting coins - Players must pick up all the coins set in the track. Players may lose these coins by some obstacle of such course.
- Time Limit - Race before Time Run out.
- Racing a CPU player - item boxes contain mushrooms and stars that the CPU can't use - the key to win. CPU players will always perform a Rocket Start. This mission type also includes a race against a Red Car.
- Boss Battle - Unlocked after complete the first eight courses in a level. Using items is usually a must in boss battles.
There are some one-time isolated missions as well that are self-explanatory. Each mission takes place on a course, often blocked off in some areas (sometimes even a battle course) and players are given a character in their own standard kart (CPU players are also in standard karts). Some Heavy Characters do not fight a boss. Sometimes speed shoes are laid across the track to help the player to complete the mission. When at least a * ranking is achieved on all missions and bosses in the first six levels, Level 7 is unlocked. Boss battles are unique. They have their own battlefields and different strategies are used to beat them.
The following table includes the mission number, in-game mission name/description, Time it took to beat it(Like if you got a new record), Racetrack, and character the player plays as.
|1-1||The Forgotten Racer - Win the Race and Beat Taffyta Muttonfudge.||7:35||Sugar Rush||Crumbelina Di Caramello|
|1-2||The Fastest Female Thing Alive - Win the Race in under 5:00||3:50||Seaside Hill Zone||Amy Rose|
|1-3||PS4 Princess vs Haters - Defeat Harper, Irresponsible Dad, Necrid and Bio Rex||10:00||South Park||Princess Kenny !|
|1-4||Fighting the Virus - Beat Dark Casi under 5:00||3:20||Casi Mind||Casi|
|1-5||Man vs Train - Go through the Race without hitting the Train or Falling off||5:40||Train Ride to Hell||Anyone|
|1-6||Queen of the Riches - Collect More Coins then Jimmy Jr and Flame King.||2:00||Outworld Refinery||Chi|
|1-7||Team Peace - Team up with Erika, Talim and Fluttershy! and Beat Reptile, Scorpion, King K Rool and Bruce BlazeStar II||8:00||Chao Garden||Stocking Anarchy II|
|1-8||The Fastest Ride - Beat KillBane and Cyrus Temple in 1st Place.||5:00||Steelport||Johnny Gat|
|Boss||Robot Officer - Play as a Unplayable Character and Beat the Robot Offier||7:00||Alex F *||Crazy Frog(Guest from Lawl Galexy)|
|15-8||Close to the End - Beat Sonic.exe in a Epic Match between Prince and Demon.||9:00||The Alternive Universe||Jimmy Jr|
|Boss||Hit Minion 10 Times and put a End to his Chaos.||10:00||The Portal of Hell||Anyone|
- *Conjectural title based on surroundings.
- **Denotes that the player drives through the course in the opposite direction.
- 1Using Green Shells (solo or triple) and Bombs
- 2The gates don't necessarily have to be driven through in order.
- 3Players can use any means - normal or powersliding - to finish.
- +Characters that are unlocked